Tuesday 25 June 2019

A New Workshop

Well a lot has happened since my last blog including nearly dying of heart failure but NHS at Macclesfield and Stoke came to the rescue with a TAVI( transarterial Aortic Valve Insertion). It’s a newish technique where they can insert a new valve via your groin without the need for open heart surgery, for which I was fit enough for anyway.

What’s that got to do with a new workshop anyway you may ask, well when my health had recovered enough for me to get back to my bench at the end of the garage the area was full of random stuff that had accrued during my bed ridden phase. Too much to move, however my wife decided that the old brick fire surround in the lounge had to go. That of course meant that the wall needed replastering, a new fire surround and remote control fire were needed, then of course all the walls need stripping, repapering and painting. When that was done there were areas with no carpet so a new carpet and underlay was procured then the double glazed windows had blown so a completed new window frame was neede, not to mention the new corner video cabinet for the tv and stuff.

So as runners up prize I managed to get a nice stud wall across the back of the garage and a load of IKEA racking and the stuff was all safely tucked away and I now have a nice snug workshop to play in.

So I needed a new project:  a Lafayette HE-30 HF receiver 



No comments: